Saturday, February 05, 2011

Riding in the Snow

There was a brief moment of sunshine this morning and the temp was something like 34F, so I rode Gracie around the loop in the western saddle I have home on trial.  It's a Double C, custom.  Never heard of them before, but the leather seems nice, the stirrups are pre-twisted and hang straight down in a dressage seat.  Had it on Pico briefly -- it fits him pretty well, rides a little over his shoulders, but all saddles are going to try to do that I think.  It's a little wide on Gracie with one pad.  Lindsey rode in it on Demi with double pads and it fit nicely.  

By the time Lindsey was home it was snowing, but we rode anyway so she could try the saddle out.  She had a little trouble getting her feet in front of her where she wanted them (I like them more under my hips), but once she figured it out she was able to sit how she wanted without fighting the saddle.  

No comments: