Monday, April 25, 2011

Airs above the ground

Set out to ride Gracie Friday, but she felt like there was no need for her hooves to ever touch the ground.  We schooled bouncing and head-tossing for a few minutes and then decided to forget it.

Today was much more productive.  We cantered and cantered and cantered working on not leaning on the left shoulder, collection and extension, some counter canter, and a couple of flying changes.  She has the one to the left if I really do throw myself over to the right and really really insist she un-weight the left shoulder.  I came in exhausted after maybe 40 minutes of riding.  My left knee doesn't want to stay bent, my right seat bone doesn't want to stay down, my shoulders want to come forward.  Yeesh.

Pico is easy -- trot in circles, change bend.  Worked on staying more forward without losing the tempo and without getting quick.  A couple of canter departs.  I am moving on to walk-canter because it's so much easier......

No comments: