Friday, April 15, 2011

Now we go faster

Or perhaps the more correct version of that -- more through.  We spent Tuesday on shoulder-in and half pass at trot, but no more mincy steps.  The goal was up, forward, and through.  I don't understand why, but the half-pass left was pretty good, while half-pass right was lousy.  And yet the haunches in right was straight-forward.  Makes no sense.  I think I get myself all balled up when moving to the right, lose my balance, can't use my right leg.  

Then some canter work -- collect, lengthen stuff that ought to be easier than it is.  Working still on those down-transitions.  Collect, collect, collect, walk.  No trot.  

At home I threw in a couple of changes.  Gracie is good for one each direction before she gets tense and starts anticipating. 

No comments: